Saturday, December 1, 2007

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I never cared for the taste of these cookies. I'm not sure why but I didn't. Mom would usually make these on Day 1 of the cookie extravaganza while I was busy mixing cookie dough to be refrigerated. My brother was always fascinated by the fact that they didn't need baking and loved to watch them drop from the spoon on to the waxed paper.

Ingredients:

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup cocoa
3 cups quick oats (not old fashioned or instant)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
Waxed paper or parchment paper or silpat

Instructions:

1. Over medium-high heat in a heavy saucepan, combined sugar, milk, butter and cocoa. Bring to boil and boil for 1 minute without stirring.

2. Remove from heat.

3. Quickly stir in remaining ingredients.

4. Working quickly drop on to wax or parchment paper using a teaspoon.

Photo: Boiled Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies by my_amii on Flickr