I've been learning more and more about Greek cuisine and try to incorporate it more in my summer meals. A good Greek salad is so refreshing on a hot summer day! And Chicken Souvlaki on skewers is so easy to make. The leftovers work well tossed in a salad the next day too!
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground black pepper
10 cloves of garlic, chopped
4 large boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
Metal or bamboo skewers
- Place all ingredients except for chicken in a non-metallic container - I usually use a large Glad ware or Tupperware container with a lid. Mix well.
- Add chicken and toss. Cover with lid and place in refrigerator overnight or 8 hours minimum. Try to mix the chicken at least once during the marinating process.
- If using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak for at least 30 minutes in water.
- Place chicken on skewers, about 6 pieces each.
- Place on grill at medium heat and cook about 4 minutes per side or until done.