I made these for the first time this past Easter and they were excellent - for an Irish boy who had his fill of potatoes growing up, I still couldn't get enough of these!
5 large potatoes (baking size)
3/4 cup of olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
3/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
2 teaspoons of salt
freshly ground pepper
2 1/2 cups of water
- Preheat oven to 480F degrees.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters.
- Rinse the potatoes and then dry with a kitchen towel or paper towel.
- Spread potatoes in a large roasting pan, at least 11 x 14 inches.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and toss with your hands.
- Arrange the potatoes so they are face down (largest side on the bottom).
- Add the water to the pan.
- Roast at 480F until the water boils (about 5 minutes). Reduce heat to 355F and cook for 1 hour.
- Potatoes should be light and fluffy and water should be gone. Continue roasting until done.