Thursday, November 8, 2007

Turkey Burgers

Our good friend Erica was over for dinner last night. She's the type of friend who feels comfortable calling up on Sunday and saying, "What night are you making Turkey Burgers this week," as a form of invitation. That's how I like my women, sweet but not subtle.

This is a recipe I developed on my own once I knew I had to eliminate saturated fats from my diet. Instead of making hamburgers with ground beef, I wanted a tasty yet juicy recipe that used ground turkey.

Ingredients:

1 package ground turkey meat (1 - 1.5 lbs)
1 egg
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup minced onion
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp olive or vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Instructions:

1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix with hands until combined. Form into 4 or 5 patties.

2. Place on electric grill (like the George Foreman Grill) or non-stick frying pan over medium heat.

3. Cook for 9 minutes. If using frying pan, flip burgers after 5 minutes.

Photo: from PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals, Paul Peracchia, Flickr