Friday, October 26, 2007
This recipe is amazing and a sure way to impress the hell out of your family or friends. While it is usually made as a dessert, I also make it for breakfast without the powdered sugar or butter finish and serve it with sausage and salsa on the table.
You will be amazed at how this looks when it comes out of the oven!
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Gradually add flour to beaten eggs, beating with an electric handheld mixer.
3. Stir in milk, butter and salt.
4. Pour batter into greased 9-inch oven-safe skillet. I use cast iron or my Le Crueset.
5. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes.
6. Serve hot. Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar, fresh lemon juice and melted butter, or make a syrup by stirring fresh lemon juice into powdered sugar, adding melted butter. Use approximately 1/4 cup of each; adjust to taste.
This makes a marvelous breakfast with bacon and fresh fruit. It is easy to make, fun to serve, but plan to get it directly from the oven to the table.